Friday, September 23, 2016

UNH Alumni Photography Exhibit write up



UNH Alumni Photography Exhibit 


Untitled, 2016 
Julie Hamel 

The first thing I saw when looking at the photo was the pops of red. I found the pops of red in the lipstick the woman is wearing and the nail polish. This was very different from the rest of the photo because everything else is a natural color or a natural setting. The second thing that draws my attention is the moss covering the woman's body. The moss acts like a shield over her body and acting like clothing. With the moss acting as a covering and the wolf by her head it really helps add different shapes to the photo. With the dark greens taking up most of the picture it brings more attention to the face and the wolf on the side of her.

This picture can symbol a lot of things like beauty, fantasy, dream another word I think about is hidden. This woman is hidden from a lot and it seems like she might be far in the woods away from it all. This photo also some what confuses me but I really like the concept of it. I think the fairy tale aspect draws my attention. I though of  little red riding hood when I saw the wolf. But with the woman in the position that she's in it looks like  sleeping beauty. I really like how this photo has a lot of natural aspects but also the little pops of red have a none natural effect on me.

The other picture that Julie had next to this one also follows a natural theme. It was of a bird that was being laid out for measuring. The photo was also black and white. I think that the theme of her photography style almost always has nature involved. That is a very cool aspect having nature vs none nature in a photo. I like how this photo gives you an idea that it is based on a fairy tale or a story. It adds a lot of wonder and prediction. One thought that I had is that the wolf is there for protection. The girl might need to be protected from something or maybe the girl was lost and need someone to help guide the way. There are a lot of possibilities to this one photo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment