Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Response to editing Activity + Talking about Composition


Part One 


Own Selection 




Classmates Selection 



The selections were definitely different from each other. I think that the picture that my classmates chose were different from what I chose. The 2 at the bottom have hidden beauty and symbolism in them. As for the ones that I chose are more natural occurrences that you might see in everyday life.I think that my classmates chose the two because they were different and observant. Also the angles of the photos fit well with the subject matter in the picture. 




Part Two 



Bebe and I 
Photo Taken by: Nicholas Nixon 

It was really hard to decide what picture I really liked. I kept on going back and forth but I always went back to this one. I liked this photo one the subject matter. There are so many things you wonder when looking at a portrait of two people. For example what could there story be. How did the relationship form or you could wonder the very adventures they have been on together. 
I love how this photo is black and white it really captures the moment well. The way that the subjects are holding each other frames the photo and really focus in on them and not another background. There is also a shadow in this picture that almost acts like another way of connecting the two people in this photo. The way that there hands are and showing that the lady in this picture has her wedding ring adds to the connection also how there heads connect within the shadow brings this photo a lot of meaning. Even the texture in the hands and face brings more to the picture and the story behind it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment